Wednesday, May 13, 2015

When my 2 worlds collide


                                           
            Generally, when there is a collision, you expect sirens........ and if that does not happen, you wait for something to start hurting....... when that doesn't happen.......You look at the crossroads and wonder which road to take. Eventually  you do what you  have to do, you make a choice. Not so much like Mr. Robert  Frost, you  tell yourself  you're going to  try to make the best of both worlds. This was me 12 years ago. Some days this is me today.

            You guessed it. I am from the beautiful India. One day, I moved to the United States.

            I had been in the same place several times in my life, where cultures clash and you can't figure out if it's yours or the other's that clashes more.

           The questions, the frowns and raised eyebrows - I encountered rather hesitantly and braved the culture that seemed hard to grasp.  

            But  after 12 years, I feel I have embraced it enough to make my way thru' it but out of the blue, something would come along and leave me speechless or breathless. I find enough oxygen soon enough and muster the courage for yet another day and another year.

             I read amazing, intelligent blogs of brave people. This is not such an attempt. I do not aspire to be amazing or intelligent and least of all brave. I just want to make you smile. Maybe even laugh. Just want to give you a peep into my life of how I seemingly handled my culture shock and share my adventure in pitching my tent in another country with my family. Where will I be if not for my family?

             My sweet husband taught me how to start a blog. I have the loveliest of kids. They read my blog and call me 'the blogger'. I think it is catching on in my household that mom is going to share her stories.
              So check out my blog every week. Or every other week.
             

 

 

 

1 comment: